Year-Round Training and Events for Successful Programs and Projects
Read about and register for our virtual trainings below!
Pre-Application Course Curriculum and Registration:
This course consists of three trainings:
- Day 1 will cover an Introduction to ANA, the Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA), and an overview of the Scoring Criteria.
- Day 2 will delve into the ANA Project Framework and key terminology. It will focus primarily on the Approach section of the Scoring Criteria.
- Day 3 will continue where the previous day left off. It will also cover the Organizational Capacity and Budget sections of the Scoring Criteria.
To complete this course, you should plan to view each training Day (1, 2, and 3) at least once. However, you are welcome to register for as many sessions as you need to really understand the application process.
This course also consists of Cohort Classrooms for SEDS, P&M, EMI, and ERE. These classrooms will follow each training day, and will focus the discussion around the topics learned in each. Feel free to sign up for as many Cohort Classroom sessions as you would like to participate in.
Register below. If you would like to attend more than one training date or classroom session, please submit more than one registration form.
Types of Training We Offer:
- Monthly Webinars: View past webinars or register for upcoming webinars.
- Project Planning and Development (PPD): In-person event that takes place over several days and will walk you through community-based planning process that will help to shape your project design. Come to this training with an understanding of your community’s long-range goals. Don’t worry if you aren’t quite there yet, we can also help you identify those goals along the way. This training usually takes place in the Summer or Fall of each year, check back for our next event!
- Pre-Application (Pre-App): In-person event to walk you through the Federal Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), what’s expected in your grant proposal, and how to adapt your community-based project to ANA’s review criteria. Come to this training with a project idea already in mind. If you aren’t quite there yet, consider attending our PPD training first or check out the <PPD manual> in advance. This training usually takes place in the Winter or Spring of each year, check back for our next event!
- Post-Award: In-person event held strictly for recent ANA grantees. Here we walk through the ANA grant cycle and expectations for reaching project objectives and goals. If you are a new grantee, you are required to attend this training and ANA will be in touch with more details. If you are an applicant, you can learn more about ANA’s expectations by looking at the Post-Award Manual or the Grants Management Toolkit – use these resources to flesh out your project design.