Year-Round Training and Events for Successful Programs and Projects
And as always, we offer free one-on-one technical assistance at any time! Simply submit a assistance request, here.
Our pre-recorded trainings can be viewed on our Webinars Page here.
2021 Pre-Application Training
The Pre-Application trainings are offered free of charge to American Indian tribes, as well as American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and other Native American Pacific Islander non-profit organizations eligible to apply for an ANA grant. Pre-Application training provides applicants with an understanding of:
- The new Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) for each competitive area ANA offers.
- The new evaluation criterion and elements are discussed.
- Assembling an application and working with Grants.gov Workspace.
Participants should have a project idea that will help them get the most out of the training. However, if your community is not at this point in the design process, we recommend you check out our helpful Project Planning and Development video series on our Webinars page.
Types of Training We Offer:
- Monthly Webinars: View past webinars or register for upcoming webinars.
- Project Planning and Development (PPD): In-person event that takes place over several days and will walk you through community-based planning process that will help to shape your project design. Come to this training with an understanding of your community’s long-range goals. Don’t worry if you aren’t quite there yet, we can also help you identify those goals along the way. This training usually takes place in the Summer or Fall of each year, check back for our next event!
- Pre-Application (Pre-App): In-person event to walk you through the Federal Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), what’s expected in your grant proposal, and how to adapt your community-based project to ANA’s review criteria. Come to this training with a project idea already in mind. If you aren’t quite there yet, consider attending our PPD training first or check out the <PPD manual> in advance. This training usually takes place in the Winter or Spring of each year, check back for our next event!
- Post-Award: In-person event held strictly for recent ANA grantees. Here we walk through the ANA grant cycle and expectations for reaching project objectives and goals. If you are a new grantee, you are required to attend this training and ANA will be in touch with more details. If you are an applicant, you can learn more about ANA’s expectations by looking at the Post-Award Manual or the Grants Management Toolkit – use these resources to flesh out your project design.